CAP Barbell 40-pound Plate Dumbbells Review
So you’re looking for your first set of dumbbells? Well if you’re just a beginner then you’re at the right place. There a few different type of plated dumbbells you can get, but you can’t go wrong with a good solid cast iron set. Lets take a look at some key points:
- 40 pound set includes two handles, four 2.5-pound plates, four 5-pound plates, 4 collars, and a plastic storage case
- Set features ergonomic grips, comfort handles, and rubber trim collars
- Durable cast iron plates have a semi-gloss finish
- Collars are threaded for a secure fit to handles
- Rust and maintenance-free
Now the key point to remember is that these are only 40lb dumbbells, so they’re not going to last you forever. You will easily outgrow these. However you have to start somewhere, and shedding out big bucks on top weights you can’t lift isn’t the smartest move. There really isn’t much too say about these, 2 cast iron / steel handles with solid cast iron plates. They have a comfortable rubber grip, and the spin lock system is quick and easy to use. They also come with a handy carry case. It makes transporting them a lot easier. So keeping this one short & sweet, if you’re a beginner then you really having nothing to lose, you certainly won’t regret investing in your first pair of dumbbells!